September 14, 2017
Thank you to all of you who were able to join us yesterday evening for our open house. A few "take aways":
- Your commitment to your child's education is crucial to everyone's success. Thank you for signing the home/school compact. If you have not seen the compact, please contact Greene. We will make certain you receive a copy. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Attendance is VERY IMPORTANT. To date, if your child was absent without a medical excuse for more than 10% of school year (currently, we've been in school for 12 days) then attendance is an issue. Please contact us to see how we can help you with your child's attendance.
- The habits you instill in your children today will serve them in the future. If you communicate with them that school is important and is a key to their future success, they will rise to that expectation. Our motto is "In school every day and on time."
- THANK YOU. Thank you for entrusting your children to us. We take this responsibility extremely seriously. It is also an honor to get to know them and watch them grow through the years.
Thank you for all you do.
Please join us for our next PTO "meeting"...
Thursday, December 7th
Stop by the PTO table in the Cafeteria/Gym
at Parent Teacher Conferences
Hope to see you there!
Heart and Home Gift Fundraisers delivered to school on December 5th
Small orders will be sent home with students.
Pick up larger orders at Parent Confereces on Dec. 7th!
The following is a list of items of which each family in our school community should be aware:
1. Arrival Time and Procedure: School begins officially at 8:00 a.m. each morning. When the first bell rings at 7:55 a.m., students report to their line and are escorted to class by their teachers at 8:00 a.m. PLEASE DO NOT SEND your student(s) to school prior to 7:30 a.m. as there is no supervision until that time. Cafeteria doors open at 7:30am for the free breakfast program.
2. Drop off: Students may be dropped off in front of the school and will then walk to the back of the building where they line up. You may also drop off your child(ren) on Grotto Avenue or Legion Drive and have them walk to line.
3. Parking lot: For the safety of our children, only school personnel are allowed to drive into the parking lot. This rule will be strictly enforced.
4. Dismissal: The school day ends at 2:10 p.m. All students are expected to be picked up at 2:10 p.m. For students who are walking home, we ask that they go immediately home following the school day. If they wish to return to play on school grounds, please be aware that there is no supervision after school and students will not have access to the building.
5. Visits to school: All parents and/or guardians must report to the office before meeting with a teacher. If you wish a conference with a teacher, kindly call the school at 729-6260 a day or two in advance in order to make your appointment.
6. Early dismissal: If you wish to have your child(ren) dismissed early, please write a note to your child’s teacher stating the time of dismissal. You must pick up your child(ren) in the main office. No child will be excused from school early unless an adult signs out for him/her in the main office. Please try to schedule medical appointments before or after school. A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED TO DISMISS A STUDENT. NO STUDENT WILL be DISMISSED WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION. No exceptions.
7. Excuses: When a child has been absent from school or arrives late (after 8:15 a.m.) he/she must report to the main office with a note.
8. Dogs: By Pawtucket City Ordinance there are to be NO dogs on school property.
9. Bicycles/skateboards: There is no designated area to lock bikes, or leave skateboards. If a student chooses to bring a bike, it is at his/her own risk.
10. Emergency information: Please be sure that essential information such as telephone numbers and addresses are kept up to date at all times. Kindly inform the office of any changes which should be made in the event that we need to contact you at home or work.
11. School pictures: Pictures are currently scheduled for Wednesday, November 2nd.
12. Lunch: The cost for school lunch per day is $1.80 and the reduced price is $0.40. Lunch forms will be sent home and should be filled out and returned as soon as possible.
13. Open house: Open House will be held on Thursday, September 15th from 6.00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you at this event.